Slow Food Tour of Campania ~ 8 Days
SORRENTO COAST, CAPRI, NAPLES, POMPEII, GRAGNANO, SORRENTO, AMALFI and RAVELLO
SLOW FOOD PRESIDIA AND OTHER RECOMMENDED PRODUCTS. Participants will have the unique chance of sampling several Slow Food Presidia products, high quality traditional foods and beverages at risk of “extinction” and other local delicacies from Slow Food Recommended quality producers such as:
- The original Limoncello of Amalfi
- The cakes and other specialties of Amalfi
- The San Marzano tomato
- The typical preserves and jams of the “Two Gulfs” area
Day 1) Arrival, Rome and transfer to hotel in Rome on your own. Meet tour escort and welcome
dinner in a typical “Osteria d’Italia”. Info on Slow Food Tour, Overnight (D)
Day 2) Rome – Pompeii – Sorrento coast. Depart for Sorrento coast. On the way stop in Pompeii Visit local farmhouse and vineyard with tasting of local wines. Proceed on your hotel.
Accommodation. Evening on your own (BB, WT)
Day 3) Capri Depart port of Sorrento for a full day tour to explore on a walking tour. By mini coach to Anacapri with a guided tour, Head on to Capri town to discover it on foot. Lunch included in local restaurant. After the tour, enjoy two hours at your own. With guide will escort you back to Sorrento. Overnight stay. (BB, L)
Day 4) Pizza Cooking lesson – Naples Morning Pizza Cooking lesson. Learn from scratch secrets in preparing Neapolitan Pizza, bake and taste your creation. After guided tour of Naples. Visit Scaturchio patisserie sample some Neapolitan desserts. Return Hotel overnight (BB, C, L
Day 5) Gragnano – Slow food presidio Today visit a local pasta factory in Gragnano. An ancient art in the preparation. Visit a local Slow Food Presidio Pomodoro followed by lunch. Free time, Overnight (BB, L)
Day 6) The Amalfi Coast: Amalfi & Ravello A memorable day exploring the Amalfi Coast First visit Amalfi itself. Visit the famousCathedral and the Valle dei Mulini, learn and taste Limoncello Visit the Antica Pasticceria Andrea Pansa for a tasting of the local specialties. To Ravello short visit and return to Sorrento, evening Tarantella show in local theatre (BB, T, T)
Day 7) Caserta , Rome Morning departure for Rome. Stop on the route in Caserta for guided visit of Royal palace and gardens. Visit of a Mozzarella cheese producer learn about the process and tasting. Arrive Rome Farwell dinner in a typical local restaurant. Overnight. (BB, T, D)
Day 8) Departure after breakfast, free time. End of tour. (BB)
- 7 Nights 4* Charming hotel or Historical residence B&B Buffet
- 5 Meals based on traditional dishes including selection regional wines
- 1 Slow food welcome dinner, 1 Farewell Dinner
- 1 Light Lunch, 1 Lunch , 1 Pizza Cooking Lesson with lunch to follow.
- 4 guided tastings of Slow Food wines & or Presidia products of the region.
- 1 Tarantella show.
- Guided Visit Pompeii, Capri, Caserta, Naples.
- Entrance tickets Pompeii, Royal Palace Caserta, Augustus Gardens.
- Luxury Coaches, Hydrofoil ticket to Capri, Minibus in Capri for Island tour.
- Baggage handling, Profession Tour Director and Guides.
- City Tourist tax. Tips and items specifically not mentioned as included.
Rates & Guaranteed Departures Dates
|May 21,Jun 4,11 Sept 3,10||$3390||$4020|
HOTELS 4* or similar
- Rome Palazzo Rospigliosi, The Church Palace,
- Sorrento Coast Hotel Delfino
Price per person in Canadian Dollars 2017 , Minimum 2 passengers
All rates and hotel availability subject to change. High season surcharges may apply