Cycling – Lake Garda & Through Verona
Bolzano – Arrival. Bolzano is a famous commercial and tourist centre and also a historical and cultural connection between Italy and Germany.
Bolzano-Trento (65/70 km, elevation up 370 m). Ride mostly along the Adige River, through orchards, vineyards passing the villages of Ora, Egna and Salorno. The dam pathways lead then to Trento.
Trento-Peschiera/Desenzano (50 km + ferry, elevation up 200 m). Always pedalling along the Adige you reach Rovereto and Mori. From here westwards towards Lake Garda. After a short ascent, a refreshing descent will follow and lead you to Torbole and to Riva. The ferry cruise takes you to the southern part of the lake.
Peschiera/Desenzano-Verona (35/60 km, elevation up 150/330 m). Today you head to Verona. With the Adige crossing it, this is one of the most important and beautiful cities in the Veneto region. Worth visiting are: the Roman Arena, the Church of San Zeno and Juliet’s House.
Verona-Vicenza (75/40 km, elevation up 470 m). At first, the route starts out flat and then heads through the Colli Berici, a hilly region just south of Vicenza, with a wonderful view of the city. The old city centre is characterized by the beautiful private palaces and public buildings by Andrea Palladio, the famous 16th century architect known all over the world.
Vicenza-Padova (50 km, elevation up 80 m). Cycling out of Vicenza you will come across the beautiful Palladian Villa Rotonda. Along the Bacchiglione river, the route will continue to the fascinating city of Padova with its famous Giotto’s Chapel and one of the biggest squares of Europe “Prato della Valle”.
Padova-Mestre/Venice (40 km, elevation up 0 m). The tour continues easily through the flat Veneto. You will cycle along the Brenta Canal, overlooked by the countryside villas of the ancient Venetian nobility (Villa Pisani, Malcontenta, Villa Widmann) until you reach Mestre, Venice’s mainland. You can choose to stay directly in Venice with a price supplement.
Mestre/Venice. Departure after breakfast. Transfer back to Bolzano on request when booking the tour.
Total Length: 280/345 km
- Total vertical up: 1,270/1,450 m
- Terrain: 95% asphalt, 5% unpaved
- Train connection among the overnight stays: every day
- Possibility to shorten the itinerary by taking the train: day 2 and 5
As a whole it is an easy to manage itinerary, riding on secondary streets with low traffic or paved bike paths. There are light hilly bits with short uphill sections.
- 7 nights hotel accommodation
- Breakfast buffet
- Welcome briefing in English
- Luggage transportation
- Maps (1:50:000) + Roadbook
- 4-hour ferry cruise on Lake Garda
- 7-days Hotline service
- Entrance to Villa Valmarana ai Nani
- Ice-cream in the best ice cream parlour in Vicenza
Guided Tour Also Includes:
- Cat. A hotel accommodation
- 7 dinners (3 course meals, 1 in Venice)
- guide on bike
- support van in the area
- wine tasting
- guided visits of Verona and Venice.
- Local taxes (approx 10-15 €)
- bike and helmet rental
- Train transfers
- Any item that has not been mentioned in the “Included”
To be confirmed when booking the tour
Prices starting from: $1,425. CAD per person based on DBL; Bike Rental: $150 CAD; Extra Night: $162; Half Board: $380 CAD
- Code: GRLBGV17
- Self Guided Tour: Level of Difficulty: 1
- Dates: SA, SU 28.03-17.10; TU, WE 19.05- 9.09
- Special departure dates for at least 5 persons
- Minimum of participants: 8 Guided Tour
- Duration: 8 days/7 nights. Short Break Tour – 5 days also available.
- Accommodations: starting from 3* hotel
- Season 1: 28.03 – 19.04 and 28.09- 17.10
- Season 2: 20.04- 26.06 and 7.09-27.09
- Season 3: 27.06-6.09
Price per person in Canadian Dollars, Minimum 2 passengers
All rates and hotel availability subject to change. High season surcharges may apply