Cooking Experience In Tuscia ~ 7 Days
- Viterbo, city of the Popes, the world famous civita Bagnoregio, Borgo of Tuscania, the Muvis Wine Museum
- 20 Hours cooking lesson
- Cheese factory tour with cheese making experience
- Bio winery tour with wine tasting
- An oil mill tour and oil tasting
- Itinerary can be slightly modified according to the arrival and departure time of guests
- Tour Code: ITCHT20
Itinerary - click for more
Stay at a wonderful country house in verdant Tuscia. You will learn all the secrets of the finest Italian food! Visit a family run cheese factory where delicious local cheese is made. Savor a traditional olive oil-based meal with essential ingredient of Mediterranean cuisine.
Day 1: Rome Transfer from Rome airport or City to Agriturismo. Arrive and enjoy a delicious lunch. Afternoon visit the Bio Farm; the cultivation, the livestock, and the Etruscan ruins on its land. Welcome dinner at the agriturismo with Program Briefing.
Day 2: Tuscia Morning, your first cooking lesson, introduction to Tuscia Mediterranean Cuisine. Lunch to follow with what you have prepared. Late afternoon, departure to the enchanting Borgo of Civita di Bagnoregio for a tour of the world famous dying city. Dinner in Civita di Bagnoregio featuring authentic local dishes. Return to the Agriturismo
Day 3: Maremma Visit a bio cheese factory in the Maremma. After visiting the farm, the sheep and goats (livestock), you’ll learn how to make cheese. Return to your Agriturismo, lunch and followed by your second cooking class. Dinner will be with what you’ve prepared.
Day 4: Cooking Class Morning class. Lunch at the Agriturismo featuring the dishes prepared during the cooking course. Late afternoon, departure to the nearby Borgo of Tuscania for a tour of the village and its handicraft workshops. Dinner in Tuscania featuring authentic local dishes. Return to Agriturismo.
Day 5: Cooking Class Morning class. Lunch at the Agriturismo featuring the dishes cooked during the cooking course. Late afternoon, departure for Viterbo. Tour Viterbo’s medieval neighborhoods followed by the visit at an ancient oil mill situated in the oldest side of the town with a wonderful family storytelling by Mario, the owner of the oil mill. Return to the Agriturismo.
Day 6: Cooking class Morning class. Lunch at the Agriturismo featuring the dishes cooked during the cooking course. Late afternoon visit an extraordinary MUVIS; the Wine, Agricultural and Food Sciences Museum in Castiglione in Teverina where a professional sommelier will guide you through the secrets of the museum and will enchant you with its fascinating tales. Later you’ll move to a family run bio and eco-sustainable winery to visit the vineyards overlooking a breath-taking valley and the modern cellars. Dinner at the bio winery with wine tasting and homemade local finger food. Return to the Agriturismo.
Day 7: Arrivederci After breakfast, departure.
- Transfers to and from Rome Airport or City to Agriturismo in Tuscia
- All activities as listed in the program
- Cooking classes, lunches and dinners as mentioned in the program
- Transportation for all activities as listed
- Flights, Tips and gratuities
- Beverages with meals not mentioned
- City tax (paid locally)
- Items & expenses of a personal nature and any items not mentioned in the “ Includes”.
2020 Rates & Dates
|01 MAR - 15 DEC||$3320||$3820|
- Historical Bio Agriturismo in the countryside
Rates are per person in CAD ($) and indicative of Euro price, subject to change. Minimum 2 passengers.
All rates and hotel availability subject to change. High season surcharges may apply.