Culinaria Toscana-Lucca ~ 10 Days
- Traditional “Hands On” Tuscan Cooking Class & Wine Tour
- Florence, Michelangelo’s David, Siena, Chianti, Modena, Parma Parmigiano & Prosciutto.
- Program Starts Fridays, Departs Florence
- Tour Code: PMCTS19
Itinerary - click for more
Day 1: Florence Arrival airport or rail station. Private transfer to Florence Hotel. Overnight Florence.
Day 2: Florence Morning join a 3 hours city tour includes visit to the Academia (Michelangelo’s David) Overnight Florence.
Day 3: Florence Morning private transfer to Rail Station. Rail to Lucca, arrive and private transfer Lucca to cooking school. Accommodation at the School. At 7:00 pm join other participants for an aperitif, followed by Welcome Dinner and meet your host/chef.
Day 4: Cooking Lesson Starts at at 9.45 An important one stating with the origins of Tuscan Cuisine. Based on, fresh herbs, and extra virgin Olive Oil. Appreciate Olive Oil by tasting several types. Start with of some of the most important sauces. Today you will prepare 14 recipes and enjoy them all at lunch. Afternoon excursion to Lucca and guided tour of the city. Return to the hotel for dinner.
Day 5: Market Visit & Cooking Lesson Early start to the fish and vegetable market. Lean about vegetables, herbs and fruit, salami and cheeses. How to recognize fresh fish. Return to the school for a lesson on seafood recipes. In the afternoon visit a local winery for wine tasting. Dinner with local Lucchese specialties
Day 6: Parma Prosciutto, Parmigiano & Balsamic Vinegar Depart early at 06.30 am Trip the Parma. Visit a Parmigiano Reggiano Dairy to see the production of this organic cheese followed by tasting. Continue to a Prosciutto Factory and learn the steps of producing Prosciutto Lunch with Prosciutto, Salami Fresh Pasta and Lambrusco wine. Visit “Aceto Balsamico” cellar and learn ancient traditions. Of course a taste. End your day by returning to the school’s accommodation. Dinner Overnight
Day 7: Cooking Lesson 10.00 am class about typical Tuscan Cuisine. Prepare crostini ai fegatini, crostini alle melanzane, Panzanella: the famous Tuscan bread salad, Ravioli, and aromatic meat ragù Loing of Pork. Dessert Cantuccini. Afternoon relax or bicycle trip along the river or a walkabout in Lucca. Dinner in a typical restaurant. Overnight Cooking School
Day 8: Excursion to Chianti Winery Visit & Siena Depart 8,30 am for Siena. Stopping in Greve in Chianti tine to visit a Chianti Castle and its cellars. Wine tasting and lunch at a local famous butcher shop in Chianti. After lunch Siena. Guided Tour of this medieval city. End of tour return to cooking school Dinner & overnight
Day 9: Cooking Lesson Today final lesson prepare Risotto with shrimp and saffron, with porcini mushrooms, red wine radicchio and speck. Prepare 2 main dishes traditional beef Carpaccio and Buffalo Mozzarella with a blended tomato sauce. Two desserts, Semifreddo al croccantino and Charlotte of Pears. Afternoon at leisure. Evening farewell dinner and receive participating Certificates. Overnight
Day 10: Departure After Breakfast time to say good-bye.
- 2 nights in Florence with daily breakfast
- Florence Half Day City Tour
- 7 Nights Cooking School with Full Board (meals with beverages)
- Arrival & Departure Florence Transfers
- Rail to Lucca
- Transfer Lucca to Cooking School
- 4 Cooking Classes on Tuscan and Italian Cuisine
- Guided Tours of Lucca & Siena
- Wholesale market visit
- Day trip to Parma and Modena Parmigiano Reggiano, Prosciutto di Parma and aged balsamic vinegar, wine tasting in the chianti area
- Transportation provided throughout the tours during 8 day cooking program.
- Non Participating Cooking Rates On Request
- Flights, Tips and gratuities
- Beverages with meals not listed
- No Departure Transfers
- City Tax (paid locally)
- Items & expenses of a personal nature and any items not mentioned in the “ Includes”.
2019 Rates & Departure Dates
3* & 4* Hotels or Similar
- Florence: Two Nights 4* Hotel San Gallo Palace
- Lucca: Seven Nights 3* Hotel near Lucca (Standard Accommodation)
Rates are per person in CAD ($) and indicative of Euro price, subject to change. Minimum 2 passengers.
All rates and hotel availability subject to change. High season surcharges may apply.