Wine Routes Sicily ~ 8 Days
- Independent Tour
- Palermo, Agrigento, Menfi, Monreale, and Taormina
- Wine & Food
- Departs Fridays
- Tour Code: VYTSMT1620
Itinerary - click for more
Day 1: Palermo Meet & Greet and transfer to Hotel. Afternoon enjoy a street food tour to taste the local culture. Overnight in Palermo
Day 2: Erice & Marsala This area known for the best wine in Sicily and the Mediterranean. With your driver explore Erice to Marsala. Erice, a fairytale of a town. Marsala’s origins are tied up with those of an important archaeological site nearby, the little island of Mozia, also known as San Pantaleo. Visit the historic winery Florio. in Marsala. Continue to Menfi. Two overnights Planeta Winery Resort.
Day 3: Menfi Cooking Class, Winery, Vineyards, and Archeology. Morning join a cooking class, tour of the vineyards and wine tasting. Afternoon transfer near to Archeological Park of Selinunte archealogigal site, guided visit. Overnight in Menfi .
Day 4: Agrigento Transfer to Regaleali with en route stop in Agrigento. Meet up with your local historian/guide in Agrigento for a three hour guided tof the Valley of the Temples Archeological Park a UNESCO’s World Heritage. Afternoon arrive at countryside Relais
Regaleali. where you’ll be met with the warmth and elegance of a noble Sicilian family. Overnight at Regaleali
Day 5: Wine & Food The Tenuta Regaleali estate has been at the heart of the Tasca d’Almerita family’s wine production. You will visit the magnificent estate,. End of tour continue to the beautiful town of Milazzo short en route stop in cefalu to vist the town. At Milazzo, catch the boat to Salina, the stunning island of natural beauty, where you will spend the next 2 nights. . Overnight in Salina, Aeolian Islands
Day 6: Aeolian Islands Today, visit Capofaro Winery and vineyards on the island of Salina. Capofaro home of the Anfiteatro vineyard,”Grande Vigna” di Malvasia. As every Tasca d’Almerita project, the starting point in Salina was the vineyard. When the property was purchased, there was a 6-hectare Malvasia vineyard that had been in production for about thirty years. The potential of the ancient vineyard was combined with the opportunity to expand the Malvasia vineyards on the island.
Day 7: Islands & Mediterranean Wines Enjoy your day in Salina, relax, or explore the rest of the islands. Journey to Lipari the largest and most populous of the Aeolian Islands.. Make sure to enjoy a wonderful dinner in Salina – fresh fish is always on the menu
Day 8: Departure After breakfast, you’ll be transferred to the airport in Catania. You’ll leave Salina by boat and then meet your driver for the private transfer to Catania.
- Palermo arrival transfer
- 2 nights Palermo, 2 nights Menfi, 1 night Regaleali Menfi, 2 nights Capofaro, Menfi
- Daily Breakfast
- Full day Erice & Marsala guide & driver - drop off Menfi
- Lunch and visit Florio winery & wine tasting
- Cooking Class, lunch, and visit winery & tasting at Planeta
- Guided visit of Selinunte, Menfi
- Transfer Menfi to Regaleali
- Guided visit Agrigento & entrance fees
- Wine experience & lunch at Tasca d’Almerita
- Boat transfer Milazzo to Salina
- Transfer Salina pier to hotel
- Lunch visit winery & wine tasting at Capofaro
- Transfer Salina island to Catania airport
- Flights, Tips & Gratuities, City Tax (paid locally)
- Beverages & meals not mentioned
- Items & expenses of a personal nature, and any items not mentioned in the “ Includes”.
Hotels: 4* or Similar
- Palermo: Palazzo Brunaccini
- Menfi: Planeta Estate, il Vigneto
- Regaleali: Tenuta Regaleali
- Salina: Capofaro
Rates are per person in CAD ($) and indicative of Euro price, subject to change. Minimum 2 passengers.
All rates and hotel availability subject to change. High season surcharges may apply.