Ladies Only~Apulia-Basilicata~Enchanting Southern Italy
Join us on a special Puglia & Basilicata Women only small group adventure tour! Share our passion to explore the uniqueness of this part of Italy. It’s an itinerary designed for women offering comfort, safety and friendly atmosphere for a truly authentic travel experience. The itinerary starts on Saturday October 15th 2016 for 10 days, 9 nights with possible individual extensions to Rome or Amalfi Coast. The group is limited to 15 participants offering personal touch and flexible touring in a small group.
We will love to share with you:
Magnificent places and genuine experiences among Puglia & Basilicata, a different Italian South! Experiencing Italy like a local, with knowledgeable guided excursions, you will have the opportunity to explore. If you are passionate about Italy; if you like meeting new friends; if you dream about a different Italy, magnificent mix of different cultures and traditions, join us in October!
You will Experience:
- friendly, welcoming, joyful, authentic and magical regions
- A dedicated tour guide in addition to expert local guides, and providing accurate assistance service, leadership skills and sense of humor to create memorable moments.
- an Itinerary which includes some valuable free time for individual relaxation, or activities; you’re on holiday!
- sites far from the commons places
- World Heritage Sites (Unesco)
- Baroque towns and white-washed trullo houses
- magnificent olive groves and orchards
- blue sea and beaches, plenty of sunshine
- excellent cuisine
- things women like to do: from cooking classes, to drinking espresso coffee , meeting the locals, to trawling the markets for exotic treasures, to enjoying a glass of wine at sun set!
- Shopping time whenever you would like
- little adventure, as some scenic hike
- rural – chic comfortable accomodation
- Make new friends!
- Castel del Monte
- Polignano a Mare
- Matera and the Murgia Materese
- the “Alto Salento”
Saturday October 15th – Conversano ( 4 overnights) HB. Individual transfer ( possibility of booking with us transfer from Fco Apt or Bari Apt) to hotel in Conversano, a serene and elegant hill top town with stunning Castle, a magnigicent Cathedral and many fascinating small streets. Relax and meeting with the Annalisa, your tour leader, for welcome aperitivo followed by a special welcome dinner.
Sunday october 16th – Polignano and Monopoli countryside HB. Familiarise with Puglia: let’s explore beautiful coastline villages of Polignano a Mare, one of the “the Adriatic jewel”, because of its cliffs falling sheer to the sea. Lunch in Monopoli countryside, in old masseria ( country farm) rural -chic style at few hundreds metres from the sea and immersed in olive trees groves. Here you can relax walking through the property o biking to the sandy beach or just enjoying relax in the farm with a glass of wine… Back to your hotel in Conversano and dinner on your own.
Monday October 17th – Alberobello and Locorotondo- FB. Explore most iconic Puglia, the one of the ‘trulli’ villages – with their cone-shaped roofs and whitewashed walls. Trulli represent one of the most extraordinary examples of Italian folk architecture and still keep a lot of mistery about their origin. Lunch in trullo, individual walks and shopping among the Trulli. The day will included also a delicious mozzarella and burrata (a kind of cream-filled mozzarella) experience at local dairy. Return to Conversano – dinner with a special buffet “f KM 0 from farm to table” products coming from organic farming. Overnight in hotel.
Tuesday October18 th – Castel del Monte and Trani- HB. Today let’s explore the northern lands of Bari, with Castel del Monte the most famous castle built by the eclectic Swabian Emperor Frederick II, full of mistery with countless theories about its real function. The day will include also a cellar tour with final tasting of Castel del Monte DOCG paired to tasting of local specialities.
Wednesday October 19th Matera (2 overnights) FB. Move in Basilicata region, to Matera, a unique town tha has gained international fame for the “ Sassi di Matera” (meaning “stones of Matera”). Listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1993, the Sassi are houses stacked one on top of the other and linked by tiny, narrow streets and wide stairways. Inhabited since Antiquity and up until the last century, they feature brickwork facades, while the interiors are entirely dug into the rock. Lunch, dinner “ in the Stones” and overnight in the Sassi.
Thursday October 20th the Murgia Materese HB. Morning free available for individual activities as biking, some hiking on the Murgia Materese with the beautiful Archaeological Historical and Natural Park of the Rupestrian Churches and three Neolithic villages. Lunch on your own. Afternoon relax enjoying a nice demo “ Bread of Matera “ experience Dinner and overnight in Matera.
The tour continues with Trani and its stunning cathedral overlooking the sea and one of the finest examples of Apulian Romanesque architecture. Enjoy individual walks in the city center with the Jewish heritage, the picturesque port with several shops. Back to Conversano for dinner on your own. Overnight in hotel.
Friday October 21th the Alto Salento (3 overnights) FB. Move to Alto Salento region, a special territory covering three different provinces: Taranto, Lecce and Brindisi. Here you have some loveliest small Apulian town as Ceglie Messapica, Francavilla Fontana, Mesagne with tempting food and wine paired to medieval and baroque style excellences. Cellar tour in a Salento top rated cellar with lunch following paired to wines. Afternoon relax in your hotel in Ostuni area.Dinner and overnight.
Saturday October 22th – Introduction to the Baroque HB. Morning in Martina Franca with lovely historic centre, a memorable maze of winding alleys, where whitewashed simplicity sits side by side with baroque extravagance. Martina Franca is an incredibly photogenic town… Lunch based on Martinese specialities including Capocollo and Cozze and potatoes quiche. Back to your hotel in Ostuni for Sunday afternoon individual relax and activities ( possibility of cooking class and extra olive oil tasting) Dinner on your own at pleasure in Ostuni restaurants.
Sunday October 23th Lecce HB. Let’s spend a day in Lecce, an open-air museum of palaces and churches set in the heart of the Salento region. Known globally as the “Florence of Southern Italy”, the city will impress you with the lavish decorations on its buildings (fanciful cherubs, monsters, flowers, fruit, beauties and beasts) and different styles: Renaissance, Baroque and Rococo styles. Lunch on your own and time free for individual walks and shopping of local sandstone items with final stop for a unique demo of papier- machè art. Back to your hotel in Ostuni area for final Farewell dinner.
Monday, October 24th breakfast – end of our services. Individual transfers to Airport and, or extensions to Amalfi Coast or Rome.
Dates & Prices:
- Code: BRFM15OCT16
- Departure: 15 Oct 2016, Minimum 12 Participants
- From: $4939,00 CAD p.p. based on double (3186 Euros)
- Duration: 9 days/10 nights
- (sgle supp. from Euro 613.00, approx $950.00 Cad)
- 9 nights double occupancy in a twin room B&B 3* sup & 4* charming hotels & boutique country inns
- 9 days dedicated tour guide; 24 hours assistance
- 8 full days transportation in mini coach.
- Meals: 6 dinners, and 6 lunches, 3 courses with beverage
- Food & Wine Tastings: DOCG Castel del Monte; Mozzarella and Burrata
- Matera bread demo cooking class; extra virgin olive oil tasting in historical mill
- English speaking local guide service, where required (3 HD + 3 FD service)
- Airfare and Travel Insurance
- Sightseeing expenses: entry fees and headphones
- Hotel tourist tax, paid locally at hotel check in
- Individual transfer from Fiumicino or Bari Airports (on request)
- Possible individual activities & meals when on your own. Your guide will provide you with assistance, directions, and suggestions on where to eat, and special interest activities.
- Possible individual extensions 3 nights in Amalfi Coast/Pompei or Rome (on request)
Hotels can be changed for other hotels similar in category. We have the right to modify the program due to unexpected changes that are out of our control, such as weather conditions, road conditions, force major, health problems, etc. All changes are only made to better the conditions and safety of our guests.
Price per person in CAD Dollars. Price indicative of Euro Exchange, CAD price subject to change.
Minimum 12 participants, Maximum 15 participants. Rates & hotel availability subject to change.
High season surcharges may apply.