Grand Italy ~ 16 Days
- Alberobello, Ostuni, Polignano, Matera, Sorrento, Amalfi, Ravello, Positano, Pompeii, Rome, Siena, Florence, Venice
- 3 nights in Alberobello, Apulia
- 4 nights in Sorrento Coast
- 3 nights in Rome
- 3 nights in Florence
- 2 nights in Venice
- Tour Code: VYGTI20
Itinerary - click for more
Day 1: Bari Arrival at Bari airport and transfer to your hotel. Welcome briefing and overnight in Alberobello.
Day 2: Alberobello, Locorotondo, Cisternino Meet your tour leader and explore Val d’Itria, visit the beautiful villages of Locorotondo and Cisternino, lined with vineyards, and olive trees. Locorotondo, know for its whitewashed lanes, historical buildings, grand baroque archways and architectural details. Cisternino, a small charming ancient town intact with white residences, narrow streets, little churches, and an elegant piazza. Panoramic views with Trulli roofs pierce the green fields. Enjoy a farm lunch wine & cheese tasting in a beautiful masseria. Return to Alberobello, explore the town with trulli traditional dome shaped buildings. Overnight in Alberobello.
Day 3: Ostuni, Polignano, Monopoli Ostuni know as the “White Town” perched on three hills, with a 15th century Romanesque-Gothic cathedral, dominates the town. Polignano, south of Bari, erected on a rocky gorge with caves; one of the most ancient establishments in Puglia. Monopoli known as “Paese Vecchio” with concentration of cultural heritage and churches one next to the other. Walk along the narrow streets, arches and alleys, enjoying the sea breeze. Overnight in Alberobello.
Day 4: Matera Meet your driver and transfer to Sorrento, stop in Matera, free time to explore this 3rd oldest city in the world, with limestone shaped caves, and underground dwellings. A Unesco World Heritage Site, explore beautiful churches, traffic-free squares, picturesque alleys, Free time for lunch and continue to Sorrento. Overnight in Sorrento Coast.
Day 5: Amalfi Drive With your driver guide visit the medieval town of Amalfi, free time to explore. Stop in Minori for a sweet tasting of Sal de Riso, a well-known local pastry. Ascend to the most romantic town Ravello, perched on terraced slopes, with luxuriant gardens, unforgettable views of the coastline. Return to Sorrento and overnight.
Day 6: Pompeii Visit the ancient Roman port town of Pompeii a Unesco World Heritage Site, its fate sealed in the eruption of Mount Vesuvius 79 A.D. One of the most visited archaeological sites in the world, with continued excavations. Visit the Roman Forum, the public baths, the amphitheatre. Return to Sorrento, and enjoy a free afternoon to relax or continue to explore the city. Tonight enjoy a candle lit dinner in Sorrento with sea view. Overnight in Sorrento.
Day 7: Free Day Explore on your own with suggestion to visit to Capri by boat. Overnight in Sorrento.
Day 8: Transfer to Naples railway station for your high speed train to Rome. Arrival transfer to Rome hotel. Walk to a local restaurant and enjoy a tasty welcome dinner. Overnight in Rome.
Day 9: Heart of Rome & Vatican Visit the Vatican Museum, with quick skip the line access. See the Belvedere Courtyard, Galleries of the Candelabra, Sistine Chapel, St. Peter’s Basilica and more. Enjoy St. Peter’s Square with magnificent views of the Cathedral. Return to your hotel and relax. Late afternoon meet your tour leader and walking tour of Baroque Rome, visit the Spanish Steps, Piazza di Spagna, the Parliament, and ancient Rome. Return to your hotel and enjoy dinner in the heart of Rome. Overnight in Rome.
Day 10: Rome Free day at leisure. This tour offers the best of each city, combined with free time to relax. We suggest you explore Imperial Rome with Colosseum and Forum, visit one of the most beautiful art collections in Europe Palazzo Borghese or near Tivoli with the astonishing Villa Hadriana, built by Emperor Hadrian and Villa d’Este, masterpiece of Italian gardening. You may want to visit Capri or Pompeii take advantage of the high speed train connecting Naples and Rome in 1 hour, or enjoy a wine tour in Viterbo. Overnight in Rome
Day 11: Tuscany Meet your guide and transfer to Florence by coach with a stop in Siena. Enjoy the Tuscan hills, topped with enchanted villages, lined with vineyards and castles. Enjoy a wine & food experience in Siena, and a walking tour. Explore the quite back streets, learn about the famous Palio horse race. Continue to Florence, if time permits en route stop in Monteriggioni. Overnight in Florence.
Day 12: Florence Explore Florence, visit San Lorenzo fresh food market, and taste the local foods. Free time for lunch. Afternoon walking tour, meet your guide, and explore; Piazza della Signoria, Ponte Vecchio, Giotto’s bell tower, and more. End your walking tour, and visit the Accademia, and admire many of its master pieces, such as the statue of David. Overnight Florence.
Day 13: Cinqueterre Free day at leisure. A suggestion to visit Cinqueterre. Overnight.
Day 14: Venice Breakfast, and transfer to Florence rail station, board your high-speed train to Venice. Arrival late morning, and transfer to your hotel in the Laguna. Free time to explore Venice on your own. Overnight in Venice.
Day 15: Venice Afternoon guided visit of Venice, and gondola tour. Visit the main sights of the city, and also discover the real soul of Venice away from the tourist areas. Tour will end with a gondola ride, followed by a Venetian dinner in the evening. Overnight in Venice.
Day 16: Departure Independent Departure Transfer.
- 3 nights in each, Alberobello, Apulia, Rome, Florence
- 4 nights in Sorrento Coast
- 2 nights in Venice
- Arrival transfer in Bari Airport
- Tour Escort service
- Welcome briefing and welcome dinner
- Excursion to Polignano, Monopoli & Ostuni
- Excursion to Cisternino, Alberobello & Locorotondo
- Wine tasting in Locorotondo
- Olive oil & Cheese tasting in Cisternino
- Farmer lunch near Cisternino
- Transfer from Alberobello to Sorrento with en route stop in Matera
- Free time in Matera
- Excursion to Amalfi & Ravello ( in Ravello optional access to Villa Rufolo)
- Lemon delicacies tasting in Minori, a little village near Amalfi
- Half Day guided visit of Pompeii
- Farewell candlelight dinner in Sorrento on a sea view terrace
- Transfer from Sorrento to Rome
- Welcome dinner in Rome
- Guided visit of Vatican Museum & Sistine Chapel with skip the line reservation
- Walking along the heart of Rome
- Transfer from Rome to Florence via Siena by private luxury motor-coach
- Wine & Food experience in Siena
- Walking along the heart of Siena
- Fresh market’s tour of Florence
- Guided visit of the heart of Florence, including Accademia with Michelangelo’s David, including skip the line
- Transfer from your hotel in Florence to Florence Station, including porterage
- 1st class seat reserved on high speed train from Florence to Venice
- Arrival transfer in Venice
- Guided visit of Venice + Gondola Tour
- Evening walking tour of Venice ending with a Farewell Dinner in Venice
- Departure Transfer
- City Tax to be paid locally
- Beverages with meals not mentioned
- Items & expenses of personal nature, and any items not mentioned in the “ Includes”.
2020 Rates & Departure Dates
|MAY, JUN, SEP||$5290||$8680||$4840|
Hotels: 4* or Similar
- Alberobello: Palazzo Scotto / Le Alcove
- Sorrento: Astoria / Majestic / Carlton / La Residenza
- Rome: Londra & Cargill / della Conciliazione
- Florence: Executive / Cellai / Pierre
- Venice: Palazzo Selvadego / Gabrielli
Rates are per person in CAD ($) and indicative of Euro price, subject to change. Minimum 2 passengers.
All rates and hotel availability subject to change. High season surcharges may apply.