Sorrento & Apulia ~ 8 Days
- Alberobello, Locorotondo, Ostuni, Polignano, Matera, Sorrento, Amalfi, Ravello, Positano, Pompeii
- 3 nights in Alberobello, Apulia
- 4 nights in Sorrento Coast
- Tour Code: VYACAR20
Itinerary - click for more
Day 1: Bari Friday Welcome to Bari! Meet & Greet private airport transfer. Late afternoon meet with tour leader for short briefing. Overnight in Alberobello.
Day 2: Alberobello, Locorotondo, Cisternino Meet your tour leader and explore Val d’Itria, visit the beautiful villages of Locorotondo and Cisternino, lined with vineyards, and olive trees. Locorotondo, know for its whitewashed lanes, historical buildings, grand baroque archways and architectural details. Cisternino, a small charming ancient town intact with white residences, narrow streets, little churches, and an elegant piazza. Panoramic views with Trulli roofs pierce the green fields. Enjoy a farm lunch wine & cheese tasting in a beautiful masseria. Return to Alberobello, explore the town with trulli traditional dome shaped buildings. Overnight in Alberobello.
Day 3: Ostuni, Polignano, Monopoli Ostuni know as the “White Town” perched on three hills, with a 15th century Romanesque-Gothic cathedral, dominates the town. Polignano, south of Bari, erected on a rocky gorge with caves; one of the most ancient establishments in Puglia. Monopoli known as “Paese Vecchio” with concentration of cultural heritage and churches one next to the other. Walk along the narrow streets, arches and alleys, enjoying the sea breeze. Overnight in Alberobello.
Day 4: Matera Meet your driver and transfer to Sorrento, stop in Matera, free time to explore this 3rd oldest city in the world, with limestone shaped caves, and underground dwellings. A Unesco World Heritage Site, explore beautiful churches, traffic-free squares, picturesque alleys, Free time for lunch and continue to Sorrento. Overnight in Sorrento Coast.
Day 5: Amalfi Drive With your driver guide visit the medieval town of Amalfi, free time to explore. Stop in Minori for a sweet tasting of Sal de Riso, a well-known local pastry. Ascend to the most romantic town Ravello, perched on terraced slopes, with luxuriant gardens, unforgettable views of the coastline. Return to Sorrento and overnight.
Day 6: Pompeii Visit the ancient Roman port town of Pompeii a Unesco World Heritage Site, its fate sealed in the eruption of Mount Vesuvius 7.9 A.D. One of the most visited archaeological sites in the world, with continued excavations. Visit the Roman Forum, the public baths, the amphitheatre. Return to Sorrento, and enjoy a free afternoon to relax or continue to explore the city. Tonight enjoy a candle lit dinner in Sorrento with sea view. Overnight in Sorrento.
Day 7: Free Day Explore on your own with suggestion to visit to Capri by boat. Overnight in Sorrento.
DAY 8: Arriverderci Transfer to Naples airport.
- 3 nights in Alberobello, Apulia
- 4 nights in Sorrento Coast, Apulia
- Daily Breakfast
- Arrival transfer in Bari Airport
- Tour Escort service
- Welcome briefing and dinner
- Excursion to Polignano, Monopoli & Ostuni
- Excursion to Cisternino, Alberobello & Locorotondo
- Wine tasting in Locorotondo
- Olive oil & cheese tasting in Cisternino
- Farmer lunch near Cisternino
- Transfer from Alberobello to Sorrento with en route stop in Matera
- Free time in Matera
- Excursion to Amalfi & Ravello ( with optional access to Villa Rufolo)
- Lemon delicacies tasting in Minori, near Amalfi
- Half Day guided visit of Pompeii
- Farewell candlelight dinner in Sorrento on a sea view terrace
- Departure Transfer to Naples airport
- Tips and gratuities
- City Tax to be paid locally
- Beverages and meals not mentioned
- Items & expenses of a personal nature, and any items not mentioned in the “ Includes”.
2020 Rates & Departure Dates
|APR 03, 17||$1775||$3107||$1687|
|MAY 01, 15, 29||$2151||$3765||$2044|
|JUN 12, 26||$2151||$3765||$2044|
|JUL 17, 31||$2151||$3765||$2044|
|SEP 11, 25||$2151||$3765||$2044|
|OCT 09, 23||$2067||$3619||$1965|
Hotels 4* Or Similar
- Alberobello: Palazzo Scotto / Le Alcove
- Sorrento: Astoria / Majestic / Carlton
Rates are per person in CAD ($) and indicative of Euro price, subject to change. Minimum 2 passengers.
All rates and hotel availability subject to change. High season surcharges may apply.