Two Coasts Amalfi & Apulia ~ 8 Days
- Rome, Pompeii, Sorrento, Amalfi, Positano, Matera, Alberobello & Locorotondo
- Cooking Class
- Small Group Tour, Maximum 16 Participants
- Guaranteed Departures; Departs Sundays
- Tour Code: VYACAR19
Itinerary - click for more
Day 1: ROME Friday Welcome to Rome, Meet & Greet private airport transfer. Late afternoon meet with tour leader for short briefing. A pleasant walk dinner at nearby restaurant, enjoy a Welcome Dinner.
Day 2: POMPEII & AMALFI Meet your driver transfer to Rome Station high-speed train to Naples. Meet your driver on to Pompeii. Guided visit. Free time for lunch. Continue to Amalfi Coast. Enjoy a candle light dinner in Sorrento. Overnight in Sorrento Coast
Day 3: AMALFI The beauty of Amalfi Coast is legendary and has inspired artists, writers and musicians over the century, widely considered. Italy’s most scenic stretch of coastline. Mediterranean landscape, with exceptional cultural and natural scenic values. Small Fishing villages stretching in deep green valleys, along a dramatic coastline. You arrive first to the town of Amalfi where you will have free time. Continue to Ravello, one of the most romantic small towns in southern Italy. Overnight Sorrento
Day 4: FREE DAY Optional Day Tour to Capri. Or a perfect day to relax or continue exploring more of region. Overnight
Day 5: MATERA & APULIA Transfer from Vietri to Martina Franca. En route stop in Matera. Free time to explore the city. The third oldest city in the world, after Aleppo and Jericho, the limestone material of the Sassi rock. Hence real underground dwellings, in the belly of Mother Walk through beautiful streets and squares, and picturesque alleys. Continue and visit two Sassi’s. Overnight in Martina Franca.
Day 6: OSTUNI & LECCE Visit with your driver escort. Ostuni better known as the “White Town”, characteristic whitewashed houses a tradition the inhabitants still keeps. The old town, surrounded by Aragonese walls, Heading south, called “the Florence of the South,” Lecce has strong Messapian roots, an ancient and mysterious people living in this area before the Romans. Overnight in Martina Franca.
Day 7: COOKING CLASS Alberobello and Locorotondo. Morning transfer to the village of Gioia del Colle. Meet Local Mama who will teach local cuisine. Walk to the village shops, buy ingredients. Cooking class start with the famous “orecchiette”. Finish with Pugliese Lunch. Onto Alberobello and Locorotondo free time to visit Alberobello known for the traditional Dome Trulli. Locorotondo is very close to Alberobello and is considered one of the most beautiful villages in Italy. Overnight in Martina Franca Day.
Day 8: DEPARTURE After Breakfast departure. Independent transfer to airport or railway station.
- Rome Arrival Transfer
- 1 night in Rome, 3 nights in Sorrento Coast, 3 nights in Martina Franca, Apulia
- Daily Breakfast
- Tour Escort service
- Transfer from Hotel in Rome to Rome Station
- High speed train from Rome to Naples
- Transfer from Station in Naples to Sorrento with en route stop in Pompeii
- Walking tour of Pompeii, ticket included
- Free time in Sorrento
- Driver guided tour of Amalfi & Ravello
- Transfer from Vietri to Apulia with en route stop in Matera
- Free time in Matera
- Excursion to Lecce and Ostuni with driver escort
- Excursion to Alberobello & Locorotondo with driver escort
- Cooking Class and Lunch in Gioia del Cooking Class and Lunch in Gioia del Colle.
- Flights, tips and gratuities, city tax (paid locally)
- Departure Transfer
- Beverages with meals
- Items & expenses of a personal nature, and any items not mentioned in the “ Includes”
2019 Rates & Departure Dates
Hotels 4* Or Similar
- Rome: Dei Mellini / Concillaizione
- Amalfi: Astoria / Majestic / Carlton
- Martina: Franca Villa San Martino
Rates are per person in CAD ($) and indicative of Euro price, subject to change. Minimum 2 passengers.
All rates and hotel availability subject to change. High season surcharges may apply.