Pompeii & Amalfi
This is a fantastic opportunity to get fully immersed in the beauty of the Amalfi Coast and the impressive memory left by the ruins of Pompeii
Departure from your hotel or meeting point towards Pompeii where, together with your guide, you’ll start the visit of the Unesco World Heritage site and be fascinated by what you discover: during the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in 79 AD thousands of Romans lost their lives and the city was abandoned for centuries. When a group of explorers rediscovered the site in 1748, they were surprised to find that, underneath a thick layer of dust and debris, Pompeii was mostly intact. The buildings, artifacts and skeletons left behind in the buried city will give you an incredible insight into everyday life in the ancient world. The visit of Pompeii is followed by a bus journey to the ancient Marine Republic of Amalfi where you’ll have time to explore the town or visit the Duomo of Sant’Andrea Apostolo, a perfect example of Sicilian Arabesque architecture. The journey back to Sorrento will take you along the famous Amalfi drive, one of the most scenic coasts in Europe with a stop in Positano, the jewel of the coast, where you’ll have some free time to enjoy the amazing beauty of this small but characteristic village as you walk down the narrow streets to the seafront, with its many shops selling the particular Positano fashion and the local production of leather made-to-measures sandals. Finishing at approx. 07.00 p.m.
- Have a pick up from your hotel
- Travel by a comfortable mini-van with air conditioning
- Small group exclusive tour
- An amazing exclusive trip along this road, carved out of the side of the coastal cliffs
- Enjoy the spectacular views down to the Tyrrhenian Sea on one side, and on the other side up to the towering cliffs above
- Wander the fully-preserved streets of Pompeii on a guided tour. This thriving port town was frozen in time when it was engulfed by the eruption of Mt. Vesuvius in 79 A.D
- Pick up from your hotel/meeting point
- Travel by mini-van with air conditioning to reach Pompeii
- Guided tour of Pompeii
- Official excavation guide
- Approx. 75 min drive to reach Amalfi
- Free time in Amalfi
- Free time in Positano -Coach back to Sorrento
- Rate Per Person; $157.00
- Frequency: 8:00 Tue, Wed,Thrs & Fri (01 Apr-30Sep)
- Duration: 8 Hrs.
- Languages: English.