Slow Food Tour Gourmet Sicily ~ 8 Days
PALERMO, ERICE, MARSALA, AGRIGENTO, CALTAGIRONE, SYRACUSE, RAGUSA, MODICA, NOTO, MT. ETNA, TAORMINA
SLOW FOOD PRESIDIA AND OTHER RECOMMENDED PRODUCTS. Participants will have the unique chance of sampling several Slow Food Presidia products, high quality traditional foods and beverages at risk of “extinction” and other local delicacies from Slow Food Recommended quality producers such as:
- The excellent wines of the Mount Etna vineyards & Trapani Vineyards.
- The Manna and the traditional pastries and desserts of the Madonie Park area
- The Polizzi Bada Beans
- The Madonie Provole cheese
Tour Code: RSISL18/3
Day 1) Arrival Palermo Check in at Hotel, settle in, welcome dinner : products Slow Food Presidia Sicily with Briefing return to Hotel Overnight (D)
Day 2) Erice, Marsala Today explore Erice, medieval city in a spectacular setting. Walk through the streets of the center of the town and visit and taste at the famous Pasticceria Maria Grammatico, typical delights almond pastries Cannoli, Zibbibo (local wine) and the famous “brutti ma buoni” (“ugly but tasty”) biscuits. Proceed to Marsala, known for its wine. Lunch in a local restaurant. I Afternoon, visit Donnafugata’s historic cellars, admire underground barrique room and learn processes of wine refinement. Free time . Return Hotel overnight. (BB,T, L, T)
Day 3) Palermo, Monreale Morning visit the famous old Capo Market. Time to stroll around. Afternoon guided tour to visit Palermo. Transfer to Monreale, ancient village visit ancient l Norman Cathedral and the adjoining cloister. Overnight (BB)
Day 4) Agrigento, Caltagirone, Syracuse Depart for Agrigento and a guided tour of the Valley of the Temples. Free time for lunch. Afteernoon visit Caltagirone famous for the production of ceramics and pottery: visit of a ceramics laboratory and opportunity of shopping. Departure for Syracuse, check in at the hotel, dinner and overnight stay. (BB, D)
Day 5) Ragusa, Modica, Noto, Syracuse Today, Ragusa guided visit of the city. Region UNESCO World Heritage Site. Suggest a stop at the Antica Pasticceria Bonajuto famous for its chocolate. Sample some of the typical dishes accompanied by local wines at Trattoria La Locanda del Colonnel. En route to Syracuse stop in Nototaste the famous almonds, used in marzipan), (marzipan fruit and vegetables), amaretti, Overnight stay in Syracuse. (BB, L, T)
Day 6) Syracuse, Mount Etna, Taormina A morning guided of Syracuse, visit the archaeological park and walk around the heart of the old city–Ortigia. Departure to Taormina, stopping on route for a wine tasting in Mt. Etna area. Overnight Taormina. (BB, T)
Day 7) Taormina Guided tour to discover medieval Taormina, pearl of the Ionian Sea” Leisure time for lunch, Farewell dinner and overnight (BB,D)
Day 8) Departure after breakfast, free time. (BB)
- 7 nights in 4 star hotel B&B Buffet Breakfast
- 5 meals on traditional regional dishes, including selection of regional wines:
- 1 Slow Food welcome dinner , 2 lunches & 1 dinner farewell dinner.
- 4 guided tastings of Slow Food wines/or Presidia products from Sicily.
- Guided tour (2hr) Agrigento, Syracuse, Ragusa, Palermo, Taormina.
- Entrance Fees to: Monreale Cathedral, Valley of the Temples, Archaeological Park in Syracuse, Greek Theatre in Taormina.
- Luxury Coach, Baggage Handling, Professional Tour Escort and guides.
- City Tourist tax. Tips and items specifically not mentioned as included.
|Jun 26 Sept 4 Oct 2nd||$3275||$4100|
Price per person in Canadian Dollars 2017 , Guaranteed Departures
All rates and hotel availability subject to change. High season surcharges may apply