Highlights of Italy Rail Tour ~ 9 Days
Day 1: Sunday Venice – Arrival Upon arrival, you will be transferred to your hotel. The remainder of the day is free to explore the “Floating City”. Overnight.
Day 2: Monday Explore Venice Join morning walking city tour, with skip-the-line entry to the spectacular St. Mark’s Basilica. Explore some lesser-known corners of the city. Venetian experiences, an unforgettable gondola ride to explore the city’s beauty from the water. The afternoon is at leisure or consider joining a tour to Murano, Burano, and Torcello. Overnight.
Day 3: Tuesday Venice – Florence Morning, Rail departure High Speed train to Florence. Arrival and transferred to your hotel. The remainder of the day is at leisure in this Renaissance jewel. Overnight.
Day 4: Wednesday Explore Florence. Your morning walking tour, you will see Piazza della Signoria, Palazzo Vecchio, the Duomo, the Baptistery, Brunelleschi’s Dome, Pontevecchio Bridge and the secret Vasari Corridor. Afternoon at leisure optional tour of the Uffizi Gallery or Accademia Gallery. Overnight.
Day 5: Thursday Florence – Rome. Make your own way to the train station, High Speed Train to Rome. Upon arrival, transfer to hotel. The remainder of the day is free to enjoy the “Eternal City”. Overnight.
Day 6: Friday Explore Rome Morning, small group tour. Visit some of the most famous and symbolic sights;
Jewish Ghetto, Porticus Octaviae, Campo de Fiori, Piazza Navona, Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps, and Bernini’s fountain La Barcaccia. Afternoon Meet guide in front of the Vatican Museums, visit Sistine Chapel, continue on to St. Peter’s Basilica to admire among others, Michelangelo’s masterpiece La Pieta. Tour ends St. Peter’s Square. Overnight
Day 7: Saturday Rome – Naples – Pompeii – Sorrento Make your own way to the train station High Speed Train to Naples. Arriva and transferred to hotel in Sorrento. Rest of the day at leisure. Overnight.
Day 8: Sunday: Sorrento at Leisure After breakfast enjoy optional cruise to Capri, (seasonal) OR tour of the Amalfi Coast with picturesque villages suspended into cliffs. Return to hotel in Sorrento. Overnight.
Day 9: Monday Sorrento – Naples – Departure. After breakfast transfer to Naples airport/ rail station.
- 4* Hotel B&B, 2 Nights each stay Venice, Florence, Rome, Sorrento
- Second Class High Speed Trains: VCE-FLR-ROM-NAP
- Venice Meet & Greet Transfer, Departure transfer Sorrento to Naples Airport, Arrival Transfers Rail Station to FLR, ROM, NAP, to Hotels
- 2-Hr group Walking Tour of Venice includes St. Mark’s & 30 Min. Gondola Ride, 2,5-Hr group Walking Tour Florence. 6-Hr walking Tour Rome, Hotel Pick Up + Vatican Museums
- Excursion to Capri Island & to Amalfi Coast from Sorrento.
- Tips and gratuities
- City Tourist Tax; paid locally at hotels
- Items & expenses of a personal nature, and any items that have not mentioned in the “ Includes”.
2018 Rates & Departure Dates
|Jan 11- Feb 22||$1410||$2225|
|Mar 08- Mar 22||$1405||$2385|
|Apr 12 - Jun 28||$1670||$2690|
|Jul 07- Aug 23||$1530||$2230|
|Sep 13- Oct 25||$1670||$2690|
|Nov 11- Dec 20||$1410||$2225|
4* Hotels or Similar
- Venice: Giorgione, Santa Marina, Palazzo Selvadego, Monaco & Grand Canal, Bonvecchiati
- Florence: Roma, Adriatico, Baglioni, Diplomat, Palazzo Strozzi
- Rome: Savoy, Dei Borgia, Barberini, Berg Luxury, Empire Palace
- Sorrento: Imperial Tramontano, Regina, Capodimonte, Antiche Mura
2018 Price per person in Canadian Dollars, Minimum 2 passengers.
All rates and hotel availability subject to change. High season surcharges may apply