Highlights of Italy Rail Tour ~ 9 Days
- Milan, Venice, Florence and Rome
- Independent Tour
- Valid From: 05 Apr – 25 Oct. Operates: Fri, Sat, Sun & Mon
- Tour Code: TUINT19
Itinerary - click for more
Day 1: Sunday Venice – Arrival. Upon arrival, you will be transferred to your hotel. The remainder of the day is free to explore the “Floating City”. Overnight.
Day 2: Monday Explore Venice. Join morning walking city tour, with skip-the-line entry to the spectacular St. Mark’s Basilica. Explore some lesser-known corners of the city. Venetian experiences, an unforgettable gondola ride to explore the city’s beauty from the water. The afternoon is at leisure or consider joining a tour to Murano, Burano, and Torcello. Overnight.
Day 3: Tuesday Venice – Florence Morning. Rail departure High Speed train to Florence. Arrival and transferred to your hotel. The remainder of the day is at leisure in this Renaissance jewel. Overnight.
Day 4: Wednesday Explore Florence. Your morning walking tour, you will see Piazza della Signoria, Palazzo Vecchio, the Duomo, the Baptistery, Brunelleschi’s Dome, Pontevecchio Bridge and the secret Vasari Corridor. Afternoon at leisure optional tour of the Uffizi Gallery or Academia Gallery. Overnight.
Day 5: Thursday Florence – Rome. Make your own way to the train station, High Speed Train to Rome. Upon arrival, transfer to hotel. The remainder of the day is free to enjoy the “Eternal City”. Overnight.
Day 6: Friday Explore Rome. Morning, small group tour. Visit some of the most famous and symbolic sights; Jewish Ghetto, Porticus Octaviae, Campo de Fiori, Piazza Navona, Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps, and Bernini’s fountain La Barcaccia. Afternoon Meet guide in front of the Vatican Museums, visit Sistine Chapel, continue on to St. Peter’s Basilica to admire among others, Michelangelo’s masterpiece La Pieta. Tour ends St. Peter’s Square. Overnight
Day 7: Saturday Rome – Naples – Pompeii – Sorrento. Make your own way to the train station High Speed Train to Naples. Arriva and transferred to hotel in Sorrento. Rest of the day at leisure. Overnight.
Day 8: Sunday: Sorrento at Leisure. After breakfast enjoy optional cruise to Capri, (seasonal) OR tour of the Amalfi Coast with picturesque villages suspended into cliffs. Return to hotel in Sorrento. Overnight.
Day 9: Monday Sorrento – Naples – Departure. After breakfast transfer to Naples airport/ rail station.
- Private Transfer Milan to Hotel & Rail Station
- Venice Arrival to Hotel Departure Transfer
- Florence and Rome Rail Station Arrivals and Departure Transfers
- 8 Nights in 5 * Hotels, 2 nights in Milan, 2 nights in Venice, 2 nights in Florence, 2 nights in Rome.
- American Buffet Breakfast
- Private 3 hour tour in Milan, Venice, Florence & Rome
- High Speed 1st Class Train Tickets: Reserved seating to Venice, Florence and Rome
- Tips and gratuities
- City Tourist Tax; paid locally at hotels
- Items & expenses of a personal nature, and any items that have not mentioned in the “ Includes”.
2019 Rates & Dates
|APR & AUG||$5055||$4350|
|MAY, JUN, JUL, SEP, OCT||$5575||$4745|
|Single Rates On Request|
5* Hotels or Similar
- Milan: Baglioni Hotel Carlton
- Venice: Hotel Bauer Palazzo
- Florence: Hotel Regency
- Rome: Hotel Parco Dei Principi
Rates are per person in CAD ($) and indicative of Euro price, subject to change. Minimum 2 passengers.
All rates and hotel availability subject to change. High season surcharges may apply.