Footsteps of Roman History – 8 Days
Highlights: Central Italy, Roman Countryside, Medieval Villages & Vineyards. Soft Adventure Tour – Maximum 15 participants. Guaranteed Departures.
Day 1: Rome. Pick Up Rome airport and transfer to Frascati, check in and a taste of the local DOCG Wine, from a volcanic ground grapevine harvest.
Day 2: Rome from the Beginning. Visit the ancient town of Tusculum’s archaeological remains of the roman age. To Castel Gandolfo, the Pope’s summer residence. Albano Aqueduct engineering from the Roman Era to give balance to the Lake level. Walk along the “Via Francigena”, connects Rome with Jerusalem. Reach Nemi. Afternoon visit ancient Pizza Ovens and make pizza! Dinner with the pizza and special wines. (HB).
Day 3: Rome Caput Mundi. Ancient Rome’s harbour Ostia. Midmorning visit imperial Rome and the Colosseum, which will be explained by our geologist guide. Dinner in a typical “trattoria” close to the Coloseum. (HB).
Day 4: Cycling Day. Reach Giardini di Ninfa, known all over the world for their beauty. Medieval villages and abbeys, like Borgo di Sermoneta, where you end your day. (B)
Day 5: Explore Nature and Coastline Monte Circeo. This area on the sea use to be an island and is now a protected Natural reserve. Hike to the summit of Monte Cristo. Afternoon visit the archaeological site of Villa Tiberio, Roman emperor in the first century B.C. Aperitivo and dinner on the sea, to enjoy a marvelous sunset. (HB).
Day 6: Gaeta. Today reach Gaeta, visit the Geosite of Monte Orlando, with its important fossils, huge cliffs and gorgeous Carsic Caves, Grotta del Turco and the Montagna Spaccata Sanctuary. Relax on the beach or a boat ride along the coast. (HB).
Day 7: Rome. Villa Adriana and Tivoli Gardens a Unesco Heritage site. To Rome and visit Tivoli. Walk through the ancient gardens and fountains. Final night in Rome and visit the majestic Trevi Fountain. Aperitivo on Ara Pacis, above the city. (HB).
Day 8: Rome. After breakfast, departure transfer. (B).
Difficulty: Easy Slopes (Green)
- Welcome Drink
- 7 Nights in selected hotels in Frascati and Sperlonga
- Breakfasts + Dinners in hotel (where HB is mentioned)
- English speaking Guide
- A geologist expert of the area
- All transportation by coach
- Pizza school in Frascati
- All entrance fee in the mentioned excursions: Scuderie Aldobrandini - Museo Diffuso del Vino di Monte Porzio Catone, Ostia Antica, Fori Imperiali e Colosseo, Grotta del Turco, Parco di Villa Gregoriana-Villa Adriana/D’Este
- Flights, Tips and gratuities, City Tax (paid locally), Items & expenses of a personal nature, and any items not mentioned in the “ Includes”.
2018 Rates & Departure Dates
|Single Supp. $520|
3* or 4* Hotels or Similar
- Frascati: 4* Tenuta di Pietra Porzia Agriturismo, or 3* Frascati Hotel Poggio Reggillo
- Sperlonga: 3* Hotel
2018 Price per person in CAD Dollars. Price indicative of Euro Exchange, CAD price subject to change.
Minimum 2 passengers. Rates & hotel availability subject to change.
High season surcharges may apply.