Puglia’s Best – 8 Days
Day 1: Bari Arrival transfer from Bari Airport or Rail Station to Hotel Masseria Gravelle (Conversano). Arrival briefing and tour of the Masseria and fields. Enjoy a delicious dinner of cheese and meat specialties produced by the hosts. Overnight.
Day 2: Polignano al Mare Guided visit of the Museum and Archaeological Park of Egnazia, Polignano al Mare. After Egnazia you will have a light lunch in a special place in the middle of Polignano a Mare. Walk through the old centre offering beautiful views of it’s beaches. Enjoy a seafood dinner. Return to Hotel.
Day 3: Conversano, Ostuni Guided visit through the marvellous alleyways of Conversano. Continue to the “White Town” of Ostuni: the small streets give an incredible panoramic views of olive groves, stone walls and shore line; beneath the old town. Dinner based on local ham, cheese and salads. Return to hotel.
Day 4: Brindisi Parco delle Dune Costiere protected area, Brindisi. An opportunity to enjoy nature in a wild protected area. Walk the ancient dunes, enjoy a bag lunch and travel to Brindisi for a guided walk through the old city. Enjoy a wine tasting and dinner at Numeroprimo. After the dinner, return to hotel.
Day 5: Grottaglie, Locorotondo Grottaglie retains old traditions and crafmanship in pottery. Seen in the workshops of Cinzia’s. Lunch with Cinzia on focaccia and other local specialities. Continue to Locorotondo, meet Marianna visit her family’s cellar Cardone Vin, wine tasting with local food. Return to hotel.
Day 6: Alberobello Butterfly Watching. Alberobello Guided excursion by a researcher of Polyxena in the countryside recognize and release butterflies. Travel to Albea Winery and museum. Wine tasting with light meal. Walk to Alberobello Trulli village a Unesco site. Continue to Monopoli, walk in the old centre. Seafood dinner at Guazzetto Restaurant. Return to hotel.
Day 7: Bari Today explore Bari with a walking guided tour through the thousand year old history of “Bari Vecchia” light lunch; walk through the Art Nouveau palaces and free afternoon for a relaxing walk along the seafront. Return to Gravelle for a farewell l dinner.
Day 8: Departure Transfer to the departure point.
Moderate Walks: 3 Hours / Day
- Arrival and departure transfers
- 7 night in a 3* Hotel Masseria Gravelle B&B
- 3 wine tastings in wine museum
- 2 dinners based on local ham, cheese & salads, with water and local wine
- 6 light lunches with water
- 5 three course dinners in select restaurants (2 with seafood), with water & local wine;
- English speaking tour leader throughout the duration
- 5 guided visits in English; Egnazia Conversano, Brindisi and, Bari.
- A guided nature excursion (butterfly watching) by a Polyxena researcher
- Flights, Tips and gratuities, City Tax (paid locally), Items & expenses of a personal nature, and any items not mentioned in the “ Includes”.
2018 Rates & Departure Dates
|8 to 6 Guests||$2475|
|5 to 4 Guests||$2680|
|Single Supp. $310|
3* Hotels or Similar
- 3* Hotel Masseria Gravelle B&B
2018 Price per person in CAD Dollars. Price indicative of Euro Exchange, CAD price subject to change.
Minimum 2 passengers. Rates & hotel availability subject to change.
High season surcharges may apply.