Walking & Explore Cinqueterre ~ 4 or 5 Days
- Self Guided Hiking Tour
- La Spezia, Riomaggiore, Monterosso
- Option to Stay 4 or 5 Days
- Tour Code: IFARBC19
Itinerary - click for more
Discover the fantastic Cinque Terre’s landscapaes and it’s National Park a UNESCO world heritage. Stay in one of the charming villages and explore the other four.
Day 1: Independent arrival. Check into your hotel. You will receive a welcome package with all information about the territory and suggestions on how to explore the Cinque Terre. Included will the Cinqueterre Card, Train tickets and vouchers.
Day 2: After breakfast hike on one of the most beautiful trails of the Cinque Terre, the panoramic trail from Corniglia via Volastra to Manarola. It will find yourself among marvellous vineyards on terraced fields, proudly maintained by local Vinters. Your afternoon, you will enjoy a stop at a local wine bar in an ancient wine cellar in Manarola. Enjoy a wine tasting of e excellent local wines accompanied by a snack of local products. Return to Hotel free time to wonder around Manaqrola. Overnight.
Day 3: After breakfast today hike the ancient pilgrimage path from the picturesque village Vernazza up to the sanctuary of Madonna di Reggio. Continue the path offering with great views of the sea. Walk through the Mediterranean shrub land until the sanctuary of Madonna di Soviore. The trails ends in Monterosso, the largest village of the Cinque Terre. Time to enjoy Monterosso and it beautiful beach. At leisure rail back to Manarola.
Day 4 or 5: Departure day or extend your stay one extra night therefore today we suggest: Hike the spectacular trail from Riomaggiore to Portovenere which lasts about 5 hours. Enjoy a varied path and an incomparable panorama over the steep coast of the southern part of the Cinque Terre coast. Return by public ferry boat.
Notes: Best period to hike this area of Italy March to June & September to October. Cinque Terre footpaths are narrow and often very steep. You need to be fit to explore this area of Italy. Note Via del’amore which is the Lover’s Path between Manarola nad Riomaggiore is currently closed. A large variety of alternative panoramic walks and trails available. If transportation rates rail, ferry were to change additional charges would be applied.
- 3 or 4 Nights in Manarola 3* hotel with daily Breakfast
- Road book with details and itineraries
- Cinque Terre Card 2/3 consecutive days, including train between Levanto and La Spezias
- Entrance fees to the National Park & Trails
- One tasting of local wines in a wine bar
- One 3 course dinner on fish specialty
- Book on Cinque Terre Vineyards with Sea view
- Flights, tips and gratuities
- City Tourist Tax (paid locally)
- Beverages with meals not listed
- Items & expenses of a personal nature and any items not mentioned in the “ Includes”.
3* Hotels or Similar
- Manarola: Hotel Marina Piccola
Rates are per person in CAD ($) and indicative of Euro price, subject to change. Minimum 2 passengers.
All rates and hotel availability subject to change. High season surcharges may apply.