Walking The Heart Of The Amalfi Coast
7 Nights/8 Days in beautiful, characteristic family-run hotels generally 3/4-star in a B&B basis. UPGRADES to 4/5-star accommodations on request. All rooms equipped with en-suite facilities. All hotels are centrally located in the medieval town center and are walking distance to the seashore.
Nights 1, 2 & 3:
Discover Amalfi, the ancient capital of the Amalfi Coast, in a 3-star hotel, recently renovated or in a beautiful 4-star hotel in the heart of the village.
Nights 4 & 5:
Enjoy the little town of Praiano, in a quaint 3-star hotel walking distance to beaches.
Nights 6 & 7:
Your final two nights are in the romantic village of Positano, with its characteristic houses built on the steep slopes of the mountains. Your accommodation is in a comfortable 3-star hotel, or in a larger 4-star hotel. All hotels are walking distance to the seashore, along Positano’s charming little streets and stairs. For those who wish to relax and stay longer, there is the option to extend your stay.
LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY
Moderately easy (2-3): Mostly easy walks, with some uphills, and some paths have with rough surfaces. On specific days detours or shortcuts may be required.
Fitness: High standard of fitness is not necessary but clients should be able to walk up to 5 hours a day in hot sun, and on dusty or stony tracks.
FOOT PATHS & WAYMARKING
Footpaths: Most paths are relatively well maintained. We are in continuous contact with local authorities to maintain the paths. Please assist us by providing your feedback on the quality of the paths.
Waymarking: Part of the route is waymarked. It is necessary to follow the maps provided. A local guide can be provided upon request for some trails.
- 3 nights Hotel in Amalfi ***/**** – BB
- 2 nights Hotel in Praiano *** – BB
- 2 nights Hotel in Positano ***/**** – BB
- 1 Luggage Transfer from Amalfi to Praiano (day 4)
- 1 Luggage Transfer from Praiano to Positano (day 6)
- Guide booklet and maps, with description of the route & tourist information
- Maps at 1 : 25.000 scale
- 24 hour local assistance
- Items not listed in the inclusions
- Departure taxes
- Travel Insurance
- Beverages and meals not mentioned in the itinerary
- Optional additional tours or activitie
- Items of personal nature
- Meals: No evening meals are provided but you are free to choose from a variety of local restaurants or choose to eat at the hotel. Picnic lunches are not included in the tour price, but can be prepared upon request by your host, or you can purchase local products in the villages. You also have the option to stop in a restaurant along the way and enjoy local food.
OPTIONAL ON REQUEST:
Extend your stay: Add additional nights to any of your accommodations en route with guide booklets, maps and sightseeing.
Tours: Visit Naples and/or Pompeii, or the beach. Visit Positano or the island of Capri. Several charming accommodations are available on request.
ARRIVAL & DEPARTURE:
Arrival: The tour starts in AMALFI, accessible by frequent bus and boat service from Salerno, or from Naples by less frequent bus service. During the Summer there are direct boats from Naples. A taxi pick-up service can be arranged either from Naples (airport or train station), or from Pompeii or Castellammare di Stabia, which can both be easily reached from Naples, with the local Circumvesuviana train.
Departure: The tour ends after breakfast on day 8 in Positano. A frequent bus service can bring you to either Sorrento or Amalfi/Salerno, from where you travel to your next destination (Naples, Salerno or Rome can all be easily reached). Several taxi services are available to bring you directly to your next destination.
2018 Rates Starting from: $1,095.00 CAD
- Code: GLTHAC15
- Dates: March – November
- Duration: 8 days/7 nights
- Single Supplement on request
Price per person in Canadian Dollars Double, Minimum 2 Passengers
All rates and hotel availability subject to change. High season surcharges may apply